186 , 187 visa restrictions ?

Dez clem

A few questions on which visa before I apply . I am currently on a 457 visa for the past 8 months . The firm I am working for have agreed to sponsor me on either 187 or 186 . Am currently doing a TRA application to prove my skills .

Q1, Do both visas tie me to this Firm for 2years ?

Q2, If I choose the 187( Regional Australia only ) How long would I have to wait to be able to work any where in Australia ?

Thanks

Most people on the rsms threads (187) seem to pay all the costs themselves. I did.

If you have the choice go for the 186. That one the two years is moral. On the rsms it is an actual obligation which can lead to you losing your visa if you leave within two years.

A few questions on which visa before I apply . I am currently on a 457 visa for the past 8 months . The firm I am working for have agreed to sponsor me on either 187 or 186 . Am currently doing a TRA application to prove my skills .

Q1, Do both visas tie me to this Firm for 2years ?

Q2, If I choose the 187( Regional Australia only ) How long would I have to wait to be able to work any where in Australia ?

Thanks

If you do not want to stay with your employer, you really would be better off looking into skilled migration, the 189 or 190 visas.